Hot Shot for this month
· Born on 19th September at Belchautara Tanahun.In a middle class simple family.
· I used be a brilliant student back in my school days.
· Completed schooling from Bright Future HSBS, Tanahun scoring third best result from the whole district which made it easier for me to come to the valley for my further studies.
· Used to compose and write songs right from class 7 but had no plans to take it to the professional height. Wanted to be an Engineer, but as I touched my cousin's guitar at the age of 17 after SLC,I realized that music was the right dress tailored for me. I studied +2(science) in scholarship but my soul couldn’t give up music. I secretly started teaching tutorials in the morning and supported my music training sessions in the evening. Some of the times I even bunked the second half of the college to attend the music classes.
· I could feel the improvement in my song writing and compositions slowly as I completed 2 years Junior Diploma in Eastern Classical Vocal from Prayag Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad. Similarly I completed a year of advance guitar training sessions from Kathmandu Jazz Conservatory and Rival Music.
· Listening to The Beatles, John Denver, Muddy Waters, Narayan Gopal, Bhakta Raj Aachrya, Madhu Chhetri, 1974AD and many other evergreen artists' songs inspired me to create good music and I feel that I have miles to go.
· I played guitar in few 'live unplugged' shows in different FM stations around K-town during 2010/11.But recording my compositions took quite a long as I went abroad. But after the big earthquake I gave up my abroad stay and came back to give my best to the nation & music.
· Few days after earthquake I started freelance music and relief efforts for a remote village named Gati in Sindhupalchok.Me ,my friends and the villagers used to labour to re-build a health post there during the day. Every evening was made musical with folk /classical songs and local Tamang selos.There was no electricity but the environment around seemed to glow despite the recent tragedies. Those 25 evenings explained me the power of music. Those events were later featured in a documentary named 'Situation Nepal' directed by Mr. Wade Champbell.
· I recorded my first song 'AJA JINDAGI' few years back in my own composition & lyrics. The single track and its video has been released recently by Asian Music which you can listen only from Radio Kantipur Radio Rastra ko 96.1 for this month of Bhadra.
· Recently I have been writing and composing songs for singer Bhagat Rai and working together with arranger/singer Uday Raj Poudel for my own upcoming project 'Yo Sahar'.
· I can be reached on firstname.lastname@example.org and facebook.com/shivraj.jung